Some days you win, some days you fail hard, like smack your face on the pavement hard!
Someone recently asked me what it was like being my own boss. Of course I said it’s amazing, I answer to no one but me, I set the terms of engagement and I define what I will and won’t do, and I hold the power of my income limits. What’s better than that right? And then I said, but, I am also working harder than I ever have before, carrying the weight of the entire company plan, execution and future on my shoulders and just last week was in the E.R. thinking I was having a heart attack. Turns out it was only a 3 week long panic attack, but it’s all good right? Also out of the 450,000 things I’m doing 449,000 have been massive fails, I mean smack your face hard on the pavement fails. In short it is the scariest, most wonderful, thrill ride I have ever been on. The truth is none of us really know what will be or what will come, but I do know this. That if you keep pushing no matter how hard it gets, when the chips all look like their going down, you keep consistent in your process and never waiver on the mission you set out to accomplish, you will get there. It might be with rock dust and a few (ok a lot) of scratches on your face and a few streets over from the original location, but I promise you it is worth it. To know that I am having impact on my own terms, that I am changing the world in my own way by encouraging, empowering and inspiring other’s to take the leap to do the incredible things they were born to do, that fills my tank more than I can say.
It’s not easy, it’s not perfect, but it’s mine. What I will say is I have learned so much. Here are some of the little lessons I can share with you……
- When you think you have a clear vision, keep working at it. Clarify it further. It helps with the resourcing and bringing the how into perspective.
- Don’t let the doubters get in your head. Yes there will be doubters, the one’s who don’t get your vision, the one’s who don’t have vision and can’t see beyond average. Don’t let them create fog in your space.
- Find 2-3 mainstay sources of inspiration, the go to place when you need a push. Mine are my Vision Board (it reminds me of my mission and my WHY) , A rotating lists of PodCasts and Books sharing stories of amazing feats and me imagining what our lives would be like if those individuals had given up.
- Don’t worry when things don’t work out, you are planting seeds that will produce major fruit in the future. Everything comes within the season for which it is meant.
- Whatever it is you want to do, just do it. Even if it’s not on the major platform that you will eventually be working from, do it anyway. You must do the thing, before you can do the thing you really want to do, in the way you want to do it.
- Choose a minimum of 3 daily actions that move you in the direction of your dream.
- Research, research, research!!! Don’t invest in a ton of software, programs or anything in fact until you know what your buying. (Guilty as charged and my poor bank account just keeps crying, why? Why?? Why????? There are a lot of pretty offerings out there with fancy sales videos and pitches and at the end not exactly what you thought you were getting. Ok not at all what I thought we were getting, but my fault, my bad, now let’s move on. Well in 12 months when they stop debiting my account.
- If you are a new entrepreneur, just know you will totally, completely overestimate your abilities and underestimate the process. It’s cool just put your shades on and keep rocking like you know what’s up. You’ll get there.
- Forgive yourself!! For goodness sake some days we’re awesome, some days we should just go back to sleep and start over. It’s OK, just keep going.
- Learn from your mistakes, failures and whoopsie daisys. If you keep making the same errors well that’s on you, but the beauty is in the cuts, scrapes, mishaps, oopsies and damn did I really do that? Just make sure you learn in reflection. That is where the good stuff lives.
- God did not make a mistake when he made you, you matter and you are here for a reason. So get your big girl or boy undies on and let’s do this thing. Aight!
See you on the flip side! XoXo